Making A Business Happen

My Business and How I Am Doing It

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Business Plan: First


Let's just say I am not the only one that is not exactly thrilled about writing a business plan but we all need to.

A business plan's purpose is to put in writing every aspect of what your business is and does, how it will conduct business, where it will conduct business, how much money is needed, how much money will be made, and basically, how in God's name are you going to combine it all on a daily basis to make your business a success.

It does not matter how miniscule a product you are producing, a business plan is needed. Most of us just think that it is a ploy engineered by all of these business plan companies to make money off of frustrated business startups but guess what? There are a few ways to get it done your self.

Where there is information on exactly how, there is where you should be. First, there are business plan software programs, I am using Smart Business and Marketing Plan 8.0 which I purchased off of eBay for about $10. While it is a step by step explanatory program, you still need to know every little detail so that you can fill in those horrifying blanks. There is also Business Plan Pro for about $100 at large software carriers but I advise: Shop Around...Google it, see what you find.

Then there is a huge amount of free info on sites like Entreprenuer.Com, StartUpNation.Com, SBA.gov and plenty more that will give you awesome information on all the components necessary to produce a business plan. I have been a chronic peruser of these sites for years and only purchased Smart Biz Plan because I wanted a template on the computer....lazy, maybe but I am half way done with my plan and this is a first in about 8 years. I needed a little more, maybe you don't.

However, please get the biz plan together. Do it piece by piece....then add the pieces together. Just start, because it HAS to get done. Or call me, I'll do it....small fee...I promise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home