Making A Business Happen

My Business and How I Am Doing It

Monday, August 14, 2006

More Money, More Problems?



I was watching Drew Barrymore on ETHS, and they documented her life in the limelight and though some of it wasn't the greatest moments in Barrymore history, the show ended with her saying, " I love my life." Now it could possibly be the fact that she is a millionaire, probably 10 to 20 times over (I don't know the figure), but it makes no difference because one way or another, she can say that she loves her life. Then, I thought about it and realized that I have NEVER felt that way at any point in life, it saddens me some and motivated me more.

For these people who can say that they love life. What are the magical ingredients? Money seems to be a major factor. I hate when people say that money can't buy you happiness which probably was either said by someone who had mounds of money or none at all. And of course I don't believe that money can buy happiness, but as I walk into my over-priced apartment on the 15th of the month and the rent is not yet paid, the energy bill is just becoming an insurmountable disaster and the only messages I get are from bill collectors, I can only dream of getting everything up to date and maintaining them just as well.. I am sure that I would be much more happier. But that's just me. Then besides the rewards, one of the magical ingredients has to be doing something you actually love. What can tickle the heck out of you more than waking up anxious to go to work? You do what you love to do anyway, oh and there's a check in the mail as well. This is what I call striking gold. The treasure at the end of the rainbow.

Loving what you do it more than just some minor detail. You have to consider everything else that life throws at you. On top of making a living, there is death of a loved one, bad relationships, an uncooperative body, sick children and all that nonsense, and I would like to not be unhappy when all of this stuff surfaces. I would like to be stable in what I do so that when I need to take time to mend, heal or grieve, I can. My personal life will always be more important.

So that is my goal, to one day say, " I love my life." I think that the starting a business would enrich so many parts of my life. Being that running a business requires patience, tenacity, strength and a set of big cahones, it can help build the person that I want to be, undoubtedly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home